Monday, October 13, 2014

Modcloth Monday #10: Wardrobe staples

This week I thought I would bring you a couple of items that I can not live without in my wardrobe. The simple things that can really make an outfit complete in my eyes.

The dream of the crop cardigan

If you are anything like me then you are a sucker for a good cardigan but sometimes you really don't want one of those long ones that ends up hiding most of the dress/outfit your wearing. The longer ones also hide away the curves that the outfit creates. I am always on the look out for cute coloured cropped cardigans and these Dream of the crop cardigans are perfect, even for the warmer weather here in Australia when you want to cover a certain area. They come in 5 colours as you can see, have a 3/4 length sleeves, a wonderful deep V-neck cut and 3 little matching colour buttons. They all looks so cozy to, perfect for finishing off any cute outfit.

Va Va Voluminous Petticoats Long

Va Va Voluminous Petticoats Short

Petticoats have been in my wardrobe for as long as I have dressed the way I have. I love the full look they give to a dress or skirt and can still remain comfortable. I am so glad that Modcloth have brought out a good range of petticoats in various sizes and lengths that match a heap of their clothes. There is also a few other ones on Modcloth that I am yet to try out, they do seem a lot thinner and would give less lift but sometimes that is a good thing. If you want to achieve the full look in a dress or skirt like you see in my images, then you should pop one of these on. I did a post recently about petticoats and this was the first brand I mentioned and I would still have to say are my favorite to wear. Check that post out here.



My black swing skirt is a godsend, so much so I have two different shaped ones. I find these to be a staple in my wardrobe because they can be paired with pretty much anything. From a plain red shirt with a brooch to a highly pattern t shirt, the outfit combinations are endless. This works for all plain coloured swing skirt though, which is a good thing because both of the above skirts come in different colours. I am loving the little two layer effect I see in the Essential elegance skirt, its a really nice touch that I have not seen done before, it would look very cute with a petticoat on. With the Bugle of joy skirt I am pretty sure it is the swing skirt I wear almost daily (I wear it too work) It looks very similar in shape and cut. If it is then this skirt is one of the best purchases I ever made. So comfortable and lightweight and can be worn with or with out a petticoat and still have amazing shape.

I am leaving Modcloth Monday Wardrobe staples at that for now, there is probably a heap more I could show you but that would leave less for other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment