Monday, March 23, 2015

Pinup on a budget - Part 2 - Working with what you have

I do hope you enjoyed and found my last Pinup on a budget post helpful. I am back again to tell you more of what I have picked up on over the years with this post being all about working with what you have.

One of my first things that kind of identified me with the Pin up look was my hair. I was doing this a little before I started dressing in the style. I guess by just doing my hair in a certain way I was associated with the pin up scene even if I wasn't dressing to match just yet. This is defiantly working with what you've got. Hair styles are highly associated with the pin up look and a great place to start if trying to break out and into the style. I remember spending hours and hours with my iPad or laptop beside me while I attempted the styles in the mirror in front. 

Not long after achieving the hair I turned my attention to make up. I started drawing on the signature pin up cat eye liner each day with just the eye line I had been poorly putting on for ages. This straight away changed everything with how I looked. Things where starting to come together. After this I managed to get my hands on a bright red lipstick, ever since that day I have never looked back. I can't leave the house without wearing red lipstick or I feel naked. I find that most people have the basic make up bag and you can use this to start out and slowly add to it as you go on. Sadly for me I have never really adventured off from the basic make up, having poor eye sight kind of limits what I can do with my self.

Don't forget to start working with what you already have in your wardrobe as well. Skirts and button up shirts was where I started. Its pretty much all I wore for a good year before I started opening up my wardrobe. Thankfully I had a few of these lying around from all them times my mum made me buy an outfit for a job interview. I mixed these in with items I was finding cheaply in department stores and I was on my way to dressing more pin up without spending too much.

I don't think you have to dress entirely pin up to be pin up. Just by changing little things here and there you start to become more associated with the look. Hair is a great place to start if you don't want to spend any money at all just yet.

Next we look at secondhand items including Ebay and all the swap/sell/buy groups you find online :)



No comments:

Post a Comment