Monday, August 11, 2014

Pinup Girl clothing review: Birdie Dress in vintage blue rose

Images from Pinup Girl clothing.

So last month I attended my parents 2nd wedding in the lovely country of Bali so I had to get a dress. It took me weeks of searching endless websites and bookmarking so many dresses before I even came close to a decision. The Pin up girl clothing Birdie dress was one of the first I saw but was not completely sold straight away. I did keep finding myself coming back to the Pin up girl clothing website and staring at it for a few minutes at a time. It did eventually click that this was the perfect dress for me and so it ended up in my shopping cart along with a few other things. To my surprise it was at my door within the week in a large exciting box.

My first thoughts when I pulled it out of the box was that it was a little heavier than I thought it would be which had me a little concerned as I would be wearing it in a rather hot country. Still excited, I slipped myself into the dress and learnt that the heaviness was not an issue. The material is made of a very high quality cotton making it very breathable and still very comfortable. There is no way you will find the dress losing its shape after wearing, its built to last.
I ordered the Birdie dress in the 2XL and once again, a perfect fit. It hugged me around the waist but gave me plenty of breathing room around the chest creating a perfect hourglass figure, especially when i popped on the belt it came with. The cut of the dress is amazing and because of the slight stretch in the material it hugs you in all the right places giving you an amazing figure. I was a little worried about how my chest would look as I personally think its out of proportion to the rest of my body but the way the collar lays really helps create good shape while still being super comfortable.  The skirt was a little longer than I am use to but it has the perfect amount of fullness with or without a petticoat. I would live in this dress if it was possible. My favourite feature of this dress is the pattern, the pictures do not do the colours justice. The blue roses really pop against the solid white background making you stand out in any crowd. I got loads of compliments when I wore this dress and I just can't wait to dress up in it again next weekend at the vintage markets. I am already planning every aspect of my outfit :)
This dress is made to suit any body shape out there and it will soon make its way into your favourite pile just like mine has. Make sure you are taking your measurements before ordering as you really want to get the most perfect fit possible.

Here's a blurry picture of me wearing the dress in Bali. I shall have better ones real soon.

Bag bought in Bali, White petticoat from Hell Bunny.

4 comments:

  1. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. 쇼핑몰추천

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. bulk t shirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. https://excellentcustomclothing.com

    ReplyDelete