Friday, September 12, 2014

Style Board #2: Hell Bunny Black Dahlia dress via Closet confessions Boutique

At the start of this month a wonderful business called Closet confessions Boutique opened up online and ever since then I have been watching the new products roll in. The idea behind the business came from the owners passion for sizes 14+ and bringing them all together in the one place. As a lady who wears these sizes I was naturally drawn in, especially when the following dress was posted up as "coming soon".
I can not wait to see what the future holds for Closet confessions Boutique, I just know that it is going to become big here in Australia!
<3

1. Hell Bunny black Dahlia dress via Closet confessions Boutique
2. Cream hair rose via Sourpuss
3. Black bad girl scarf via Sourpuss
4. Bead of roses necklace in Petal via Modcloth
5. Faux Leather black belt via Pin up Girl clothing
6. Dainty Dramatist heel in Noir via Modcloth
7. Long white petticoat (not pictured) via Closet confessions Boutique

I must own this dress and very soon if I am honest. It has the most perfect shades of pinks and greens that stand out amazingly on the black base. The black dahlia dress is covered in little delicate roses on a slight stretch cotton fabric for that extra curve hugging ability. It features 3/4 sleeves so it's the perfect dress for these spring days without having to hide under a cardigan. I love the collars Hell Bunny are putting on their dresses lately, big and bold! Just the way I like it. 
This dress would look amazing with or without the need of a petticoat but you know me, I love a big dress.

As much as I enjoy a dress that comes with its own belt I do like it when they contrast with the fabric and not blend in. I love the really thick belts Pin Up girl clothing have in currently. They finish off any outfit perfectly and give you the best waist shape.

The low cut design on the collar of this dress is the perfect frame for a cute little necklace. I had a look around and I did feel roses where the way to go. I didn't want anything to big or bold as it would take away from the dress but I did want something that matched. I stumbled over the cute dainty Bead of roses necklace on Modcloth and knew it would be a perfect match, right down to colour.

I am not a heel wearing person normally as I can not walk in them to save my life but I would suck it up to wear the cute Dainty dramatist heel. I felt that this dress could be worn day or night. During the day I would wear a cute pair of black flats for comfort but at night I would defiantly be dressing it up and that's where these shoes come in. I love the little bow feature at the front used to fasten the shoes and I also really love the cut out shapes all over. The shoe as a whole is perfect and goes perfectly with this dress.

I chose two different hair accessories again for this outfit as I have no idea as to how my hair will behave on the day. It may have to be a beehive and big fringe day so that's where the hair scarf comes in or it is a full head of curls day and that would be finished off with a lovely little rose (or 2).
:)

How would you wear the Hell Bunny Black Dahlia dress?
What dress would you like to see next on my style board segment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment